Monday 9 February 2009

Day 3 - Monday 9th February 2007



Today I went to Central Park. It is a bit like Kelvingrove Park apart from it is a hundred times bigger and is surrounded by skyscrapers. Before I visited the John Lennon memorial in Strawberry Fields I checked out the Dakota Building where he was shot by that mentalist. I don't know if the sun went behind a cloud but it sent a shiver done my spine. I bought a cool picture frame with photos of John Lennon in New York and then went to find the memorial. This is quite an eerie spot too. I took a few photos and then just sat on a bench for about an hour watching tourists take their photos and leave flowers and poems. On my way back to the hotel some dick bardged through the turnstyles on the subways and smashed my picture. I was ragin' but I suppose it saves the baggage handlers in Glasgow from smashing it on my way home. That reminds me, I wonder if Smeato is about...



Next Stop... The Empire State Building. This was amazo! 86 floors up everything is like Google Earth! I bought some audio device that tells you lots of Rock Facts about the part of New York you are looking at. The photos don't really do it justice but they are still pretty cool...











What's on my iPod : "Imagine" - John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment