Friday 13 February 2009

Day 7 - Friday 13th February 2009

Just got back from my helicopter mission to The Grand Canyon! I think I am going to be a helicopter pilot when I grow up. We zoomed over the hoover dam and the our pilot, Roger Rapey (spelled Riepe) told us loads of Rock Facts about the surrounding area. The Mars scenes from Total Recall were filmed nearby in the Fire Bowl and he also showed us the location of Area 51, if it existed. We landed at a cowboy ranch for breakfast. The ranch was originally owned by one of The Hole in The Wall Gang, you know, one of Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kids pals.
After the grub it was back in the amazocopter and off to the Grand Canyon. I haven't checked my photos yet but if they come out half as good as the real thing I will be happy. Spun about the canyon for about half an hour then he took us back over the strip. I have did loads of cool stuff this week but this wins easy.

This will probably be my last entry as I fly home tomorrow. Going to play with the lions at MGM and the Tigers and The Mirage and then going to see the light show tonight with Tanyawee Davis! Well it's been fun! See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment