Thursday 12 February 2009

Day 6 - Thursday 12th February 2009

Having some technical difficulties with the photos today.

The first thing I did was book a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon for tomorrow morning at 6am! You can go by bus but it is a 14 hour round trip?!? The helicopter does it in 3 and goes via the Hoover Dam. I can't wait!

I then went to one of Vegas' many buffets. I had one of everything! It was only $10 for brunchinner, I didn't need to eat again for the rest of the day!

Hung about outside the Bellagio for the fountain display. It was brilliant! Every half hour they put on a show with about 100 fountains giving waldy for 5 minutes. They sploodge up to 100ft for the finale!

Managed to get a half price ticket for The Beatles LOVE - Cirque du Soleil. Even then I wasn't too sure if I would like it. It starts off with a kinda ringmaster guy, either an American putting on a fake BBC accent or else he is just an English dick. I thought it was going to be utter pish. Then it got dark and a huge projection of Ringo was beamed over my head. The intro to The End kicked in on the best sound system I have ever heard! Then giant John, Paul and George got in on the act as it turned in to Get Back. Then there was an explosion and it turned into the best thing in the world!!! Millions of confetti fell from the roof along with bungee trapeze artists! The floor opened up and breakdancing trampoline guys burst out! It was like High School Musical vs. Jackie Chan! They came out strong! Next up some bubble magic that I could only dream off! Wee bubbles, big bubbles, smoke bubbles and laser bubbles?!?! Then it gets dark for about 2 seconds and they change songs and costumes and come out and do some different shit! This is the best thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment